IEEE Smart Village is looking for qualified volunteers who not only have a deep passion for humanitarian work but also the expertise, wisdom and time to commit in support of our program. As we are in an expansion phase of this IEEE-wide initiative, we are primarily seeking candidates for leadership positions of our important committees. We are looking to engage people with developing-world field experience to form and head working groups tasked to pursue the wide variety of IEEE Smart Village goals.
We realize that very few people have the resources to extensively volunteer to a program such as ours. Therefore, it is through the diverse efforts of committee members, each contributing their time and resources as they are able; this is a combined effort and addresses programmatic needs.
Here is a link to descriptions to the committees forming now across the IEEE Smart Village landscape: http://ieee-smart-village.org/get-involved/ieee-smart-village-operating-committees.
As you consider volunteering to IEEE Smart Village, please share with us the following:
- What skill sets and resources do you have that will be of benefit to the program?
- How much time can you volunteer to the program each week, month and year?
- Are you prepared for a long-term commitment as a volunteer?
If you would like to learn more about the program, introduce yourself and generally “get the hang of things” with our program, we encourage you to build relationships with our volunteer team members. There are several ways you can “get involved.” Here are some suggestions:
- Join us at one of the many IEEE conferences we participate in: http://ieee-smart-village.org/get-involved/events/.
- Watch our lineup of videos to become more familiar with our mission and vision: http://ieee-smart-village.org/our-videos/
- Follow us on social media and participate in the conversation: http://www.twitter.com/ieeesmrtvillage and http://www.facebook.com/ieeesmartvillage.
We’ve found it very useful for those who are interested in volunteering for IEEE Smart Village first take a walk with us and learn more about what we are presently doing, where our needs are, and how your interest, talents and time can best be applied.
For more information on our program, watch this informational webinar–presented by IEEE Smart Village Ambassador Nirupama Prakash Kumar:
Once you have had an opportunity to measure your fit to our program, you’re welcome to complete the form below. This will help us further match your skills with program opportunities. IEEE Smart Village appreciates your consideration and participation in this process.
Calling all IEEE members!
We want to engage volunteers across IEEE’s numerous societies and organizational units … from work on hardware development for the villager, to leveraging your corporate connections … from refinement of the kiosk business plan, to boots-on-the-ground field work. There are numerous opportunities to share your skills to advance IEEE Smart Village’s humanitarian mission.