Many thanks to all participants at the IEEE Power Africa 2012 in Johannesburg South Africa.
Community Solutions Initiative was grateful for all the support and interest by all participants.
Here is the report from Ray Larsen on the accomplishments from the CSI Special Session at Power Africa:
1. We have a firm partnership development plan with 3 new highly motivated
NGOs, in Nigeria, Cameroon and South Sudan.
2. With Dan Wessner’s tutoring on the sustainability theme of “Incubate,
Demonstrate and Educate” we gained a rich new understanding of the holistic
integration needed to achieve sustainable community e
3. This greatly clarifies the roles of CSI, For-Profits and NGOs in moving
forward together to the over-arching goal.
4. Patrick Lee with Pat Ryan filled an important role in identifying the
management structures needed, possible options and staff support needs.
5. Today the four NGOs agreed to work in close partnership as the “SunBlazer
Manufacturers and Users Group” to take advantage of the Sirona-Haiti
experience to fast-track their new startups.
6. Paul and Michelle led discussions to identify the major steps forward to
be captured in the business plans.
7. All NGOs gave excellent reports on their situations, partners and
proposed steps forward.
8. The clarity of a vision for not just these three countries but for all of
Africa has grown enormously and the NGO’s collaborative strengths will give
the combined CSI-NGO enterprise momentum and growing credibility for
community engagement and funding support.
9. The pressure is now on CSI to get key subcommittee structures in place to
evaluate new proposals and to raise the required funding as efficiently as
10. We discussed the need to form our own data repository to share valuable
lessons learned as well as guidance for new NGO partners from the
Below is a list of CSI Session Summary Documents: